The Zend Framework team has announced a high-level overview of their plans for Zend Framework 3 today. The plans include:
- Separating components into individual, versioned projects.
- Updating the existing full-stack MVC framework to depend on the newly independent components for better reuse and simplicity. ZF2 MVC applications will have a documented upgrade path to ZF3 requiring minimal changes.
- Embracing middleware runtime patterns as a lighter weight *alternative* to the enterprise MVC framework stack.
- Enabling Apigility to work as a middleware stack, for better performance and simplicity, with the same streamlined, powerful user experience.
- Optimizing for PHP 7, but supporting PHP 5.5 onwards.
Read the full announcement for more details, and keep an eye on the Zend Framework blog for future posts that dive into technical details.
Read more : Announcing the Zend Framework 3 Roadmap